Six Steps To Set Up Your Twitter Business Account?
- If you’re new to the world of digital and social media, or even an expert in this field for years, you’ve got to believe in one fact that there’s no one rule fits all in digital. We as digital specialists are just trying to pin some points for efficiently moderate your business twitter account, and still each account has its own conditions and nature. If you’re new to the world of digital and social media, or even an expert in this field for years, you’ve got to believe in one fact that there’s no one rule fits all in digital. We as digital specialists are just trying to pin some points for efficiently moderate your business twitter account, and still each account has its own conditions and nature. Getting started with any social media endeavor needs good understanding with determined social media objectives that will stand upfront and you set out the tactics accordingly. Either you’re a community manager who’s responsible for your company’s online properties or you’ve got a social team, you’ll just have to revisit the below tips to make sure you’re managing twitter like a boss.
- Speak the voice of your business, not yours. Unlike your own personal twitter account, your business whatever the industry has its own image, tone of voice and whole branding scheme that might be built over years. Don’t use words like “I” or me or what makes the followers feel there’s an agent behind this handle. People always get to attach to brands with a certain perception about this brand, that’s why this perception has to avoid any inappropriate association. All you need to do is, to use “We” or “Us” and keep up the branding guidelines provided by the marketing department
- Choose good username that represents your business the best wayIt’s your identifier on Twitter, and its followed by @ or handle and choosing this username wisely is important since it’s the brand representation. It has to be 15 characters or less (Most preferably) and to include the brand name or at least something identify the brand.
- Choose compelling profile image for the twitter accountIt’s has to be a good image since it will represent your brand and it won’t only show on your account, but also will be displayed when you’re tweeting a follower or reply to a customer. Preferably use the logo of your business to keep the whole web branding consistent across you’re your social properties and make sure it’s 400×400 Pixels. TIP: For vector-based and line art images, it’s recommended to upload a GIF or PNG. For photo-based images, it’s recommended to use a JPG or PNG.
- Be social and tell a story in your BioOne of the most important factors of a twitter business account is an interesting bio. Try to tell a story about your business, why a twitter user should follow you and sometimes it has to include your business hours or business slogan.
Another interesting Bio from Starbucks!
- Let your followers find your websiteAdd the URL of your business’s website to your Twitter business profile so you can easily drive your followers to your website. Social Media are meant to be the vehicles to your business address where they can get more information about your brand, see what you have to offer and convert. TIP: Make sure your profile page complements your website by keeping the style and imagery consistent across both.
- Upload a header photo to your profileAdd to your creative brief of your content strategy an interesting header photo and add to this photo a new product artwork you’re launching or promotion you’re offering while calling your followers for an action.
There’s nothing more important when starting your twitter activities than setting up your basic branding requirement and let your profile ready for engaging customers and followers!
You’re now ready to start tweeting and engage your audience in conversations. Did you carry out the above steps when you set up your business account? If you have any other points to share, please do in the comment box below.