Eight Steps For Successful Facebook Campaign
Managing a Facebook page is your new job? Or your manager assigned a task of following up with your business social media agency while running a campaign of your new product? Or you just an experienced Social Media geek who wants to skim the steps before taking off!
Whatever the job you’re holding or experience you’ve gone through, getting to know the steps will give a full overview of what you have to do when campaigning on Facebook.
- Objectives Setting – Choose your destination wisely ⦁ Objectives Setting – Choose your destination wisely Management works with Objectives, an ever true saying because simply you’re not going anywhere without setting objectives! First things first, you’ve to put a set of objectives out for your campaign, Many examples of campaign objectives which are different since there’re hundreds reasons why you’re business exist on Social Media. You might have a new brand and you want to increase public awareness, you’re a book publisher and you’re offering your fans free access to part of the brand new book on your website. Other objectives might be related to actual purchasing decisions to be taken on your website, to create a sales funnel for using Facebook. Here’s a set of some Facebook campaigns objectives:
- Boosting Brand recognition in a new market.
- Increase brand engagement with its potential clients/existing customers
- Increase the number of people visiting your website/a specific page of your website.
- Drives sales to your business, building a sales funnel for your social mediaNote: It’s very important to have your objectives SMART. It’s recommended to have your objectives, specific, measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bounded.
- Define Your Target Audience – Whom you’re talking to Social Media space has granted marketers the privilege to target their promotional message to their intended audience. This privilege has to be taken into consideration from the very beginning since it will reflect on the message, content, the timing of posting or even the colors used in your adverts.Only smart marketers develop a set of buyer personas to their brands, or even for each product they’re offering. The reason behind choosing the right audience is to reach the ultimate rate of content consumption; hence you’re bottom line. A running campaign without defined audience is like talking in a vacuum. The best practice is to determine your audience demographics, psychographics. Is your customer a male or female or even both, is he/she a university graduate, or mid-career employee and you can even go further to analyze their interests, Are they interested in banking and finance or cooking and home furniture. There’s a plenty of segmentation criteria to set out.See here how to effectively develop your buyer personas!
- Use Consumable Content – What type of content you’re using!⦁ Use Consumable Content – What type of content you’re using!Getting to know what content resonates with your fans is half the way to success on Facebook. Your way to this success is test, analyze and iterate. Start by using different types of content, photo, video or a status update and even test out different ways to every type of content. Will they like short sentence or long paragraph? Are they going to click on your branded photos or human headshots will be more appealing? Social media has no rules; you test out different presentations of your message.Secondly, analyze the success of your content using Facebook insights on two dimensions, on page level and post level. Thirdly, iterate. Only successful marketers do so, they bring up the analyzed data into action but applying what’s found appealing to their audience to their next content plan. Check what’s most consumed and capitalize on this.
- Choose the best times to post ⦁ Choose the best times to post Thanks to Facebook insights for facilitating the way we can discover when our fans are online. This feature is interesting to look at from time to time, we recommend weekly. Many third part social media management tools provide marketers with this feature and it’s important to add it to your checklist before starting off. Note: You’re going be, by the time passes, aware of these timings while you’re managing the page.
- Create your content Calendar
⦁ Create your content Calendar Before you become fully equipped to start launching the campaign, organize the content you created into a calendar to:
⦁ Get things more organized for the whole team workflow
⦁ An awesome representation to your content plan for managers’ approval
⦁ It’s very time saving way to monitor your content performance⦁ Will help you arrange the content weight in a simple and accurate way
- Define an Engagement strategy
⦁ Define an Engagement strategy Your set objectives, developed buyer personas and the compelling content you created are nothing with engage your audience in conversations. Fans expect to have a human being replying to their comments, especially inquiries and don’t want to be ignored; this leaves a very bad impression.
⦁ Be proactive and stir up conversations⦁ Set a fixed response time in your replies, there’s no rules in this some brands make it 10 minutes and others put an hour.
⦁ Don’t ever ignore a comment even you’ve an answer, get back to the responsible team, if it’s a technical or sales related issue.
⦁ Don’t be late when responding to an angry customer
- Make sure you’re optimizing your ads the right way
⦁ Make sure you’re optimizing your ads the right wayBased on the goal you’re trying to obtain, you’ll choose from many Facebook advertising objectives. Your job never ends at running the advert, however to keep optimizing is key to ensure best results. Determining if you’re ad is being consumed:
⦁ Make sure you’re setting out your bid (Your preferred action) even more what Facebook recommends.
⦁ Use compelling images to increase your CTR
⦁ Split test your ad copy and landing pages (If your objective is website clicks or conversion)⦁ Keep an eye on important metrics like cost per action, website clicks, likes, CTR, cost per 1000 impressions and Frequency.
- Measure and Iterate.
⦁ Measure and Iterate. Whether you’re using Facebook insights or other third part tools to analyze your campaign data, you’ll have to monitor your data on regular basis. Tip: Try to start measuring on daily basis at the very beginning of the launch, and then make it on weekly basis.What metrics to analyze on your reports:
⦁ Page Engaged Users
⦁ Page Total Reach
⦁ Total Reach of Page Posts
⦁ Total number of consumers
Your approach to run the Facebook campaign is always right as long as it works with your brand, there’s no one rule fits all in social, however it’s recommended to keep the above points in consideration.
Now it’s your turn, do you have another point to add to efficiently run a great Facebook Campaign?